LIQUID OXYGEN FOR ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE
Something to consider:
- At age 30, the skin loses its ability to retain and utilize oxygen by 25%
- At age 50, the loss of oxygen utilization by the skin drops by up to 50%
In highly polluted environments oxygen loss to the skin can be even higher.
Oxygen is nature’s ignition for cellular metabolism and is needed for optimal cellular turnover to preserve youthful looking skin. As we age, our skin’s ability to capture oxygen from blood circulation diminishes. Capillaries begin to deteriorate limiting circulation of oxygen-loaded hemoglobin and vital skin nutrients. Moreover, sluggish circulation interferes with the evacuation of toxins leading to skin aging symptoms including wrinkles, age spots and loss of tone and moisture.
Our skin’s thirst for oxygen is vital in the production of collagen. Essentially, oxygen promotes metabolic processes within the dermis and viable cells to produce a higher state of activity. Oxygen enhances collagen formation in fibroblasts resulting in the strengthening of the connective tissue matrix to firm the skin.
Thanks to a scientific breakthrough in oxygen transportation using FDA approved perfluorodecalin and perfluorohexane (what we call Liquid Oxygen), Spa Technologies has been able to formulate advanced skin care that blends Liquid Oxygen with natural anti-aging peptides, antioxidants, enzymes and more for over 25 years.
Our Liquid Oxygen products have gained popularity with med spas performing ablative treatments that cause severe irritation and burns to the skin like laser resurfacing, micro-needling, injectables and aggressive peels. Using Liquid Oxygen can help to dramatically reduce healing time with the added benefit of being non-irritating. Aestheticians can access our soothing Heavy Liquid Oxygen to apply to wounded skin for instant relief.
Liquid Oxygen is made up of molecules able to attract and carry gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide. In other words, these molecules act as a replica of hemoglobin for cellular respiration responsible for flooding oxygen into the connective tissue while extracting (or washing away) carbon dioxide. Since Liquid Oxygen is inert, it does not create damaging free radicals.
Liquid Oxygen is both hydrophobic and lipophobic so it doesn’t dissolve in either water or oil. You can best see this demonstrated in Spa Technologies’ signature Oxygen Renewal Complex—a tri-phased anti-aging serum. The product is divided into three layers: 1) an orange-colored oil-soluble layer of antioxidants derived from algae on top, 2) a hydro-soluble middle layer (yellow) with seaweed actives, peptides and hyaluronic acid, and 3) a clear layer with pure Liquid Oxygen on the bottom.
Spa Technologies has eight products formulated with Liquid Oxygen including:
- Oxygenated Renewal Complex
- Oxygen Infused Marine Peptide Cream
- Marine Retinol Eye Cream
- Pure heavy Liquid Oxygen (backbar size available to spas and professionals for recovery treatments)
Liquid Oxygen brings powerful anti-aging and anti-inflammatory qualities in synergy with our seaweed based skin care programs.
For more information, consult the product profiles on our website www.spatechnologies.com, call 845-589-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our consultants.
Other interesting facts about perfluorodecalin and perfluorohexane (Liquid Oxygen):
- Perfluorodecalin and perfluorohexane are used in recovery treatments for burns and wounds.
- Perfluorodecalin is ideal for post ablative therapies.
- Perfluorodecalin accelerates skin healing and strengthening of the dermal matrix.
- Perfluorodecalin is an ingredient used in blood substitute products.
- Perfluorodecalin and perfluorohexane are being studied for use in liquid breathing
- Organs and tissues can be stored for longer in oxygenated perfluorodecalin.
- Perfluorodecalin has also been shown to dramatically enhance optical qualities high-resolution micro-imaging.